Your gift is so valuable to us and we truly appreciate all the time and effort that you put into helping those with hearing loss and deafness in Worcestershire, Herefordshire & Oxfordshire. In return, this is our promise to you:
We are professional
- We adhere to the Fundraising Regulator’s Code of Fundraising Practice (https://www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk/code-of-fundraising-practice/code-of-fundraising-practice-v1-4-310717-docx/) and Fundraising Promise (https://www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk/code-of-fundraising-practice/the-fundraising-promise/), providing information to our volunteers and fundraisers so that they also comply with the Code and Promise.
- We will NEVER sell your details to another company or charity. We are committed to the Data Protection Act and to protecting sensitive information.
- We respect that you may not wish to be contacted by us and in line with Institute of Fundraising procedures have an option for you to ‘opt-out’ of any fundraising communications on our Donation Forms.
- We follow procedures in line with Health and Safety Law and protecting our fundraising volunteers is of paramount importance to us.
We are transparent
- We are clear about our values, what we do and how your gift helps.
- We will answer any questions you have about fundraising.
- We tell the truth about the services we provide and their costs.
- Our policies and procedures are all available on our website for anyone to view.
We respect you
- We respect the rights, dignity and privacy of our supporters and clients.
- We will not pressurise you to make a gift and if you do not want to give or wish to amend an existing gift, we will respect this.
- If you include a written note asking for your donation or gift to be used for a specific project or service, we will do so.
- The images and words we use for fundraising purposes are not designed to cause distress or offence – if they do, please let us know.
- We will support you as much as possible to make the most of your fundraising experience.
We are responsible for our actions
- If you are unhappy with the way you have been treated whilst fundraising for us, or have any concerns about our fundraising procedures, you can make a Complaint using our Complaints Procedure.
Our Contact Details
If you have any queries about this promise or our services, please do not hesitate to contact us
Head Office Address
Vesta Tilley House
01905 746 301
Thank you for your support.
What our clients are saying about us:
I am now doing level 2 and hoping to do level 3 – through this I have met Deaf/hard of hearing people and spoken to them. 2. I helped to volunteer for a Deaf charity at an information stall in a hospital. The first person to stop was Deaf so I chatted to him – it was great to use my BSL in a ‘real-life’ situation (outside class) for the first time!” 2013-14 academic year – BSL student
“Would you please pass on my thanks to the interpreter who volunteered to make this year’s annual Lights of Love service accessible to the deaf community of Worcester. The evening was a great success and, that is not least thanks to the ongoing support of your organisation.” November 2014 – Chaplain, St Richard’s Hospice, Worcester
XX was the best interpreter I have used in the 16 years of working with impairments. Not only was she 100% professional and warm, she was flexible, supportive for how we worked which made this complex interview relaxing. Thank you
Amazing how prompt and helpful everyone was. A new phone was delivered and fitted within 72 hours. We are so GRATEFUL. Thank you (13th April 2017)
Excellent interpreter. This consultation would not have been possible without her. She had a good working relationship with the patient. The patient’s care was enhanced by her presence.
I love doing volunteer work. I wanted to give something back to Deaf Direct after they have done for me and the twins. Volunteering is great way to meet people in the community and most important of all, enjoy yourself!
It’s lovely to hear from you. I no longer live is Hereford and will be starting university in September to do my degree in Interpreting BSL/English.
Thank you – Deaf Direct really had a massive impact on this and without you all I wouldn’t be doing it. Wish me luck and I hope our paths cross again in the future