Review of the year feedback from Staff Training Day
By Philip Gerrard, CEO
At a recent staff training day, teams were asked for reflective and light-hearted feedback on 2013.
What achievements has the organisation made this year?
- Thanks to the commitment and funding from the OCC Hearing Impairment Team we are now able to provide a support worker to an Oxfordshire client.
- Improvements have been made in the infrastructure of the organisation.
- Engagement with the Deaf community is the best it’s ever been.
- Deaf Direct has become more widely recognised.
- Deaf Direct has a full board of Trustees.
- We provide a welcoming environment.
- Ability to answer all enquiries to a high standard.
What are the top 3 things you have been proud of within Deaf Direct this year?
- Having a strong team who are flexible, assertive and adaptable.
- Forward planning.
- Improved communication.
- Increase in number of students in Oxford.
- Developments in online interpreting.
- Increase in number of communication bookings.
- Having a positive effect on people’s lives.
- Being proactive, not reactive.
- Partnership working.
What are the funniest things to happen this year at Deaf Direct?
- A client having to be chased for a response after a considerable amount of time spent asking to text staff less.
- Mike’s failed plan to scare Debra at Halloween, at least it worked on Diane!
- The Laurel & Hardy act of 2 deaf clients moving furniture into our new offices.
- Client facetiming a support worker at the weekend stating it was “his job” to take him out.