RAD 175th Anniversary
|As you may know RAD are celebrating their 175th birthday next year – They are all really proud of this and plan to make it a year to remember.
There will be an awards ceremony to celebrate all that is great about Deaf history, language and culture.There are nine categories:
• Best Deaf business
• Best Deaf role model
• Most innovative Deaf Club
• Most significant research contribution to Deaf studies
• Preservation of Deaf history and culture
• The young person award
• Most accessible mainstream services
• Most outstanding contribution made to the Deaf community
• Best employer of Deaf people
The awards web site is: http://royaldeafawards.org.uk/ – They have made the process as painless as possible and can accept either BSL or English entries. Go for it!!! And please spread the word too.