Deaf Direct offer support to those who have a hearing loss, are deaf or deafblind.
We support people of all ages to have control of their own lives, support those who may have difficulty living independently or want to make a positive difference in their lives. Our fully trained specialist staff will help you with;
- Housing related support (looking after the house, letters, bills, benefit advice
- Social support getting out and about to clubs and social events/health and wellbeing activities
- Menu planning and food shopping
- Accessing education and training
- Equipment such as TV loops, louder phones, flashing doorbells, fire alarms.
- Help with your hearing aids
- Free impartial advice on any issues related to hearing loss
- Fully qualified registered Sign Language Interpreters, note takers, lip speakers
- Training in Lip Reading, Deaf Awareness and British Sign Language
Outreach Services are available for everyone
If you have direct payments you can use these to purchase the support or you can pay for an Outreach Worker on a private basis To apply you can refer yourself, a family member or friend can refer and we take referrals from Social Services and agencies. We will match your needs with fully qualified staff who are DBS (CRB) checked and offer a high quality value for money specialist service. Our workers have specialist knowledge on hearing loss, tinnitus, BSL skills and DeafBlind qualifications to match your needs.
We cover the areas of Worcestershire and Herefordshire