We produce a range of factsheets related to hearing loss, deafness and local services. Deaf Direct is certified as being compliant with The Information Standard. This involves a rigorous assessment process to ensure that all information we produce is clear, accurate, balanced, evidence based and up to date.
Information and Advice
- Bus passes for deaf people
- Cochlear implants
- Impartial advice on buying a hearing aid
- So you want to work with Deaf people?
- So you want to know more about communication support?
- DD newsletter request form
- Deaf clubs
- Equipment suppliers for private purchases
- Golden rules for communication with deaf or hard of hearing people
- How to get a hearing aid assessment
- Hearing aid clinics
- How to hear better on the phone
- What is the difference between an interpreter and a signer?
- Lipreading and communication courses
- Loop systems – information for organisations
- Safe from abuse – easy read
- So you want to know more about Deaf people?
- So you want to learn to sign?
- Supporting people
- Volunteering for Deaf Direct
Please answer these simple, anonymous, questions and all factsheets will be available to download. We rely on funding applications to run services and funders require statistical information. By answering the questions you are helping us to maintain this service. Thank you.
* Disclaimer: Deaf Direct shall hold responsibility for the accuracy of the information they publish and neither the Scheme Operator nor the Scheme Owner shall have any responsibility whatsoever for costs, losses or direct or indirect damages or costs arising from inaccuracy of information or omissions in information published on the website on behalf of Deaf Direct. Weblogs, forums and personal experience pages are excluded from the scope of verification.
- RT @PGerra : @pulsepursuits somewhere on top of the hill are the runners in first stage of the duathlon, beautiful morning. @deafdirect http… 2 hours ago
- RT @ASutters : Good luck to everyone taking part in the @pulsepursuits #duathlon for @deafdirect this morning, especially the teams from @su … 2 hours ago
- RT @pulsepursuits : Great team! http://t.co/IAN9NVcLCE 2 hours ago
- RT @PGerra : @pulsepursuits duathlon route @deafdirect http://t.co/Oqa5rWAj1t 2 hours ago
- RT @PGerra : @sutcliffeCo getting ready for @pulsepursuits dualthlon http://t.co/z6JdehmCof 3 hours ago