Deaf Direct understands the affect hearing loss can have on a person’s life. We also know that sometimes a small piece of equipment can make all the difference in helping you to feel happier and safer, at home, at work, and in leisure activities.
We know finding the right piece of equipment can be overwhelming, especially using a website or brochure. Our trained and DBS checked staff can visit your home, demonstrate equipment from a range of suppliers, and can provide advice so you find the best equipment to meet your needs. Then we can return with the equipment and help you set it up.
We have equipment:
- for around the house: TV & music system amplifiers, flashing alarm clocks & smoke alarms, amplified or visual doorbells, baby monitors.
- to help with conversation: personal listeners, induction loop systems, neck loops, infrared systems and radio frequency transmission systems.
- to help on the telephone: Including those with amplification of speech or a flashing ringer.
- to help with tinnitus: sound generators which play ‘white noise’ & pillow speakers.
Buying equipment from us, not only allows you to make the most of your life, but also supports us to help others do the same.
If you have a diagnosis of hearing loss from a GP or audiologist, you may not have to pay tax on some of our products. Our staff will be able to advice further on this.
Businesses and Groups
We also supply equipment to Housing Associations, companies and organisations. If you require a loop system installed in your meeting rooms, a portable or counter loop system for your reception area or personal listeners for 1:1 meetings then please get in touch with us to talk about your requirements.
If you run a group who would value a demonstration of the equipment we offer we are also able to facilitate this.
For more information please email: email@example.com
What our clients are saying about us:
“Would you please pass on my thanks to the interpreter who volunteered to make this year’s annual Lights of Love service accessible to the deaf community of Worcester. The evening was a great success and, that is not least thanks to the ongoing support of your organisation.” November 2014 – Chaplain, St Richard’s Hospice, Worcester
I love doing volunteer work. I wanted to give something back to Deaf Direct after they have done for me and the twins. Volunteering is great way to meet people in the community and most important of all, enjoy yourself!
It’s lovely to hear from you. I no longer live is Hereford and will be starting university in September to do my degree in Interpreting BSL/English.
Thank you – Deaf Direct really had a massive impact on this and without you all I wouldn’t be doing it. Wish me luck and I hope our paths cross again in the future
Amazing how prompt and helpful everyone was. A new phone was delivered and fitted within 72 hours. We are so GRATEFUL. Thank you (13th April 2017)
XX was the best interpreter I have used in the 16 years of working with impairments. Not only was she 100% professional and warm, she was flexible, supportive for how we worked which made this complex interview relaxing. Thank you
Excellent interpreter. This consultation would not have been possible without her. She had a good working relationship with the patient. The patient’s care was enhanced by her presence.
I am now doing level 2 and hoping to do level 3 – through this I have met Deaf/hard of hearing people and spoken to them. 2. I helped to volunteer for a Deaf charity at an information stall in a hospital. The first person to stop was Deaf so I chatted to him – it was great to use my BSL in a ‘real-life’ situation (outside class) for the first time!” 2013-14 academic year – BSL student
‘pleased to see your tip of the week back!’
‘newsletter today very good. Enjoyed reading it.
I’m loving these newsletters! Thank you :o)
- We are looking to recruit new trustees to join Deaf Direct. If you are interested in becoming a trustee or think yo… http://t.co/Qd78X7dEUW 4 days ago
- RT @DavidBuxtondc : @deafdirect If you have stories, please message @StopChanges2AtW @BDA_Deaf it’s not about me, it’s for all who are and w… 4 days ago
- Following on our previous tweet about the legal challenge to the #accesstoworkcap, if you would like advice & infor… http://t.co/JtfoWmj4V7 4 days ago